Made my first gooseberry pie today--finally got to use the wonderful fresh & organic gooseberries we've been getting from the farm-fresh garden program. It was my first taste of one as well--nice 'n' tart! Mom suggested I need a "Pie Birdie"--had never heard of one! I'll have to keep my eye out for one, so the pie doesn't bubble over the edge when it's so full and juicy :)
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Gooseberry Pie!
Made my first gooseberry pie today--finally got to use the wonderful fresh & organic gooseberries we've been getting from the farm-fresh garden program. It was my first taste of one as well--nice 'n' tart! Mom suggested I need a "Pie Birdie"--had never heard of one! I'll have to keep my eye out for one, so the pie doesn't bubble over the edge when it's so full and juicy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mmmm...Y-U-M-M-Y!!!
Of course, I, too have never tasted a gooseberry, so I can only imagine...but they say it's the crust that really "makes" the pie, and I say that that pie looks "made." :)
Love,
D :D
Hmmm...have never ever had a gooseberry. Sounds good though! Jordan wondered if there's a goose in there. ha! I just put a raspberry almond blondie in the oven. Will have to let you know how that turns out. We're using the raspberries that David and Fern are so lovingly sending our way.
Ah ladies-let me tell you, gooseberry is TART! Quite tart! I made all kinds of faces eating the first small piece...then today I tried some old fashioned vanilla Tillamook (of course!) ice cream with a small bit, and --well, it helped, but STILL tart! Mom suggested "next time" i may want to crumble soda crackers into the initial mixture to help neutralize some of the tartness. I like it though!
Post a Comment