Sunday, October 26, 2008

Goin' Bananas




So last week I somehow found 1 hour and 14 minutes of "free" time in which I whipped up a couple loaves of banana bread. (HAD to use those bananas up before it was too late!) Why 1 hour and 14 minutes?--14 minutes to mix, and 1 hour to cook. So...technically, I had about 14 minutes of free time and the oven did the rest of the work-haha! This recipe is special, in that it comes from Grandma Maggie (Dad's mom). It seems to have a unique, light & soft taste/texture with a crunchy crust, and is my favorite banana bread recipe!
I would have loved to do more baking yesterday, but alas, it was another speech tournament day. Can't complain too much though, as the students "did me proud" by earning us enough points to take the 2nd place Sweepstakes Award for the tournament. There were 15 schools there. I do believe that's the highest placement we've taken at an individual tournament (other than the State Championship-2008, cough cough, but that's a different game in itself!)

4 comments:

DoRe' said...

Um...Kat? I hope that's not a super-secret family recipe, because I'm going to have to hunt you down for it! That looks amazing; care to share? :)

Anita said...

I want the recipe, too! I made some Friday night from the Betty Crocker recipe. I'm sure if there was a contest, yours would've tasted better! The pictures are making my mouth water...

My said...

mom made some from the very same recipe for us while she was visitin'!
Yum, yup it's good stuff!

Marla said...

Make that #3 standing in line for the family recipe.
I can't say I'm the biggest banana bread fan, but Tom LOVES it. And being Tom's dutiful, little wife, I'd make it for him :)